Monday 4 March 2013

My 30 Day Paleo Diet Challenge!

                             Average Homosapien 10,000 yrs ago = healthy, athletic build
                                                       Average Homosapien Now = Fat, Unhealthy
I need to lose 2 to 3kg and firm up my body, so after going online and doing some research on the best fitness program that would suit ME, I decided on the Paleo /Primal Nutrition, which is based on eating as God intended for our ancestors. I chose the Primal Nutrition Plan based on the fact that not only did it make sense to me, it is a cleansing diet and the Rules seemingly easy to follow.

So, for 30 days I am going to follow the Paleo Diet to the letter and keep a Food log of what I am doing as well as my weight loss, my mood while on the plan etc. I will log this on my blog. Please feel free to follow me and even join me on the Plan. We can swap meal ideas and I can give advice on it.

As mentioned earlier, the basic concept of Paleo diet is to eat food that our ancestors did – if a Caveman could’nt eat it, neither can you. On this Plan, you can eat anything our ancestors could hunt or gather – meat , fish, nuts, leafy greens, vegetables and seeds.

A plus for me is that on the Paleo plan, you do not need to count calories or keep track of what you are eating as most of what you are eating is relatively healthy.Neither do u have to remove the fat in your meats except you really are adverse to it. I mean think about it:

            The Average Homosapien over 10,000years ago = Tall, muscular, energetic, athletic

 

The average Homosapien now = Overweight, out of shape, stressed out, sleep deprived   & dying from a myriad of preventable diseases.

So, what happened to us? How did it happen? Ans: Evolution in the form of Agriculture. We advanced from Hunters-gatherers to Farmers. Instead of loading up on Meat, vegetables and seasoned fruits, we have become a species dependent on grains – bread, pasta, rice corn, beans etc.

Now enough of the long discussion. If you would like to get more info on the Paleo diet you can read the following:

Nerdfitness.com

Marksdailyapple.com

Robbwolf.com

Everydaypaleo.com

Or google the term ‘Paleo diet for beginners’.

For those who hate reading and just want to get right on to it, this is what you’ll be eating for the next 30 days

Meat – lamb, goat, cow, deer, antelope etc

Fowl- Chicken, turkey, guinea fowl,

Eggs

Vegetables – as long as they are not deep fried

Oils – Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil

Fruits – as much fruits as you’d like but remember, if it’s weight loss you are after, fruits have natural sugars so may be higher in calories. Be careful on the portions

Nuts- high in calories so only have them as a snack

For the next 30 days, i’ll be following this Plan as from my research, you need to give yourself a full 30 days before passing judgement as your body needs to adjust from fueling itself on carbs and sugar to burning your stored fat for energy which can take a few weeks.

REMEMBER: To plan your meals and keep it simple! Meals should consist of a good Protein (Meat, eggs, steak, chicken, pork etc) along with vegetables or fruits. That’s it. Very Simple, right?

1 comment:

  1. More varied than the Atkins. Do keep us updated. S.

    ReplyDelete