Tuesday 14 May 2013

Green House Effect for growing hair

For the Ladies!!!

I woke up one day to Shoulder length hair, without trying hard, so I've decided to task myself by taking better care of my hair, growing it and slowing down on weaves, as I wasn't born with a weave in my hair! I also believe if I spent as much money as I have spent on my various weaves ( I have over 14 of different types from Indian to Brazilian to Mongolian to Peruvian) i'd have opened a hair store.
So, I've been carrying my own hair for days and enjoying the simple things of life.
I have to warn though that growing your hair is a journey and you need to put in time, energy and patience if you want to see some beautiful locks on your head. You need to find the techniques that work for you and the products that enable your hair to grow healthily.

Whilst researching ( I like researching stuff, I don't think I use anything without knowing if it works, the side effects, what to expect whilst using it etc) and I came upon a very interesting hair growthe techniques on one of the hair forums I lurk on.

The Green House Effect is a technique that aids in promoting hair growth by creating a natural, warm, steamy environment that enables the natural oils from your scalp to come out and help your hair grow. It is extremely good for people with dry, brittle hair as it helps stimulate moisture.

So, how do you do this? Well, it's very easy.
  • Apply a natural oil to your hair- I currently use grapeseed oil on mine as it's not too oily and moisturizes and seals your hair at the same time. Some other good oils you can use are castor oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil etc.
  • Wrap your hair in a showercap or plastic bag and seal so there are no holes or openings for air to escape.
  • Tie a scarf over the plastic bag on your head and go to bed.
  • In the morning, when you take off the scarf and plastic bag, your hair will be very moistened and a little bit damp. This will air dry itself within 10-20 minutes.
  • Your hair will not only be soft and manageable, your scalp will feel very stimulated, thus improving hair growth. Some ladies in the hair forums swear they experienced 1 to 1 1/2 inches of growth in a month (and we are not talking of white hair) which is a great triuph!
  • Aim to do this no more than 3 or 4 times a week and try not to use too much of your oil as it can lead to overload of oils as your hair thrives better when your scalp is clean.
Enjoyed this article? Subscribe to my blog!

6 comments:

  1. The greenhouse effect does yield results, more so in terms of moisturising the hair. Personally, I don't enjoy doing it over night and waking up damp hair so I do it as a pre-poo instead with Amla oil or for about 30 minutes in the steam room at the gym with a shower cap on followed by a brisk co-wash.Lavender essential oil is very good for growth, so also is Rosemary essential oil as it also contains strong antiseptic properties which unblock the follicles thus stimulating growth.Mixed with Jamaican black castor oil, it yields very good results as a growth aid. However, no matter the growth aid one chooses to use; it all boils down to retention of length, having the ends regularly trimmed to keep split ends at bay and of course keeping the hair moisturised and sealed. Some very good articles you have put up Fifi. Best wishes, Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice to find one who's also really interested in hair! Yea, I prepoo as well on my wash days. I also use lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus and rosemary oils. On my scalp. They all aid in stimulating for hair growth. I'm glad to find you here Sharon.....missed you much!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to try this, my hair needs the moisture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miх in tɦe avocado oil, lecithin, aloe Vera gel, zonc
    oxide, аnd essential oil. I have actually gotten used
    to drinking unsweetene iced tea annd have learned to appгeciate the natural
    taste оf tea without needing sugar or other sweeteners.
    But adding vegetable oil in salads and in ready meals as a sauce or filling, is
    not only uѕeful, but it iss also incredibly delicious.
    Since taste iss very subjective, wwhɑt a gгeat excuswe
    to do your own resеarch. You may also live in a
    locatkon whеre a co-op is health conscious aas weell as savings minded.
    Make a decision to pay attention too anti-aging technology and to get interested in optimizng your
    hеalth. Others home protection establishments
    buy sound places since the real software for the cuѕtomer doubts, reality limit opportunity in cover,
    reаlistically only a few cell ρhone calls, in addition to еxpensivve thοught defines, this means
    small issue rank. For а basic oil batɦ, yoou can use this
    aromatherapy bath recipe: Add 1-2 oz. Yoou can choose among fresh,
    dried, or stuffed olives that they sell. Low saturated fats,
    trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sօdium), and aɗded sսgars.


    My bloɡ; tahini cookies gluten free\u002fegg free

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondeгful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
    Do youu have any suggestions on how to geet listed
    in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a ԝhile
    but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

    My homepage: clipp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous.....unfortunately i don't know how to do the yahoo news add on. Maybe you can google for instructions? Going to check out your page right now

      Delete