Tuesday 3 February 2015

MY REGIMEN FOR GROWTH AND RETENTION 2015

HAIR MATTERS

Hi All,
So I've been miaowing so much about my hair not growing as much as i would love it to grow and
i had earlier stated that my hair goals for 2015 would be gaining length and maximising retention of my length.....

I have been able to come up with a regimen that i feel i can follow and would work for me. These will be my go to products


DISCLAIMER - This is my regimen and what i am going to be following. I don't need anyone in here judging me for using Megatek. I have used it before for a few weeks without any problems...

CLEANSING - Wash my hair every week in my weave. My hair thrives when my scalp is clean. I may decide to cows on some days if i feel my scalp is dirty.

CLARIFY Clarify my scalp once a month using Apple Cider Vinegar

DEEP CONDITION Will use Megatek to deep condition my scalp with heat for about 15 minutes and then follow with 15 minutes session of Alter ego garlic treatment to combat shedding which may occur from using Megatek....follow treatments with moisturising treatment in the form of Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Apply my oil mix at least 4 times a week.

This will be the content of my Growth Elixir
3 oz Megatek
2 oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
2 oz 100% Vegetable Glycerin

Will apply this mix in an applicator bottle on my scalp and massage scalp for at least 3 minutes and leave in.

VITAMINS - i am currently taking the following Vitamins for the past 3 weeks

10,000 mg Biotin
60mg Zinc
Vitamin B Complex
2000mg Vit C


EXERCISE - Run 3 or 4 times a week and have at least 10 minutes of strength training 2 times a week

FOOD - Eat a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables and proteins mostly. Will avoid putting junk in my body.

DRINKS - Continue to drink at least 2-3 litres of water daily

PROTECT - Protect my hair with weaves wearing them for at least a month in order to get low manipulation

RELAXER- Relax my hair when my growth seems unbearable


Wish me Luck with this regimen












4 comments:

  1. Sounds good Fifi. I saw your bottle of Megatek and remembered mine. I started out with Megatek around seven years ago as a keen reader of the LHCF and blackhairmedia forums. Hair growth was definitely had, however my hair is rather protein sensitive so I pressed pause on it and took garlic supplements to ease the shedding. Mixed with JBCO it is really good, although I must admit I find JBCO rather heavy and I find my scalp thrives on a clean scalp so I just rock braids and don't do much except spritz with water although, that said I trim my hair way too much so the scissors benefits instead of me. Happy to see your blog is still doing really well and your hair is thriving I know you will get to tailbone, keep it up.
    Best, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by `Sharon....i do try to keep my blog going! Hmmm Megatek...i did get protein sensitive myself so i gave it a break. Been using a sulphur mix i make myself and it works as well. Tail bone just seems like a dream but nothing is impossible

      Delete
  2. By the way does inversion work for you? It does nothing for me, zilch! I am not sure if 'mn' does either, I didn't use it long enough to notice an appreciable difference but I understand the science as to why it may help. I made hairdrenalin a few years ago, took forever to make, worked well but I found the JBCO too heavy for my scalp. I came across these two vids over a year ago and I have finally gotten round to using the benefits of both and infusing my own oil. My base is coconut oil to heat the garlic and onions and then as it cools I will add a little grapeseed oil. Then I will infuse with the pepper when ready will add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to mask the smell and bottle. A combination of these two vids, keep secret and enjoy ;)

    First step https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2hNyU8mhMc
    Second step https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5NyTUvZ-M

    Best, S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Made hairdrenalin too...i actually like it cos i the it works very well. Just that making it is a task. Inversions work for me but by day 6, i am always ready to give up...it's so hard to do...seems easy but it's boring no matter how i try to entertain myself whilst doing it...but it works...inversions with hairdrenalin gave me nice growth

      Delete