Tuesday 27 January 2015

My 5km Run Today


I started running in November 2014 after a long hiatus off running (about 5 years) and i realised as i have always known, i love running.
I love running slow though. When i mean slow, i mean i seem to derive fun running for more than 40 minutes at an easy pace.....I find once i get to the region of 40 minutes, i am always in love with running. I get a high when i am over an hour into my run and going through my app i use to log my running activities, apparently i started running on a good note as  within 2 weeks, i was doing long runs of 9km and above.
I would love to run everyday but i was being harassed by the boyfriend that i was getting too skinny so i reduced my runs to 3 times a week but then my fitness levels started diminishing. I think I'm the kind of person who needs to run more regularly and run further to feel the full benefits of a run. When i was running 3 times a week, i was getting lazier by the minute and a 5km run started seeming like such a big deal to me. I also started to put on weight running that way which is a no no for me....so i'm back to running 5 days a week (undercover....sssssshhhh!!!

Enough of me rambling about my running habit.....
Today i ran over 5km. I found it fun, exhilarating and liberating. I ran at an easy pace, which i have missed as since i was running 3 times a week and lacking the energy to do so, my runs became shorter although my pace improved.  It really is nice to run at a better pace but i HATE short runs. They DO NOT excite me.....They DO NOT make me happy, i DO NOT feel like i have had a workout and most especially they DO NOT give me a runners high.....and trust me, there is no such feeling as a running high.
So, today at my easy run of 8.22minutes /km, i had fun whilst running, i was even singing all my favourite songs whilst i ran like Alanis Morisette's '21 Things i want in a Lover 'and 'You owe me Nothing in return'....I also loved singing along to Dido's 'Life for rent' and 'Who makes you feel' as well as my all time favourite Eminem's 'Till i Collapse'. It was a great run! A fun run. And yes, there were times i was breathless but i really did enjoy myself.
At the end of my run, i am more in love with running than yesterday and i really enjoy the time i spend with myself running. Now i want to run 8km tomorrow but i'm reining myself in....easy does it Furo.....don't overwork yourself too soon......will wait for my run tomorrow and see how i feel during my run.

Are you a runner?
Do you love running?
What is your favourite running race? 5km, 8km, 10? Half marathon or marathon?

Please leave your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment