Monday 29 April 2013

Healthy Salad Recipe


Are you like me who hates salads? I sure hated them for years and as far as I was concerned they reminded me of grass and sawdust mixed together! And since I wasn't created a cow, there really seemed to be no reason why I should eat them......right? Wrong!

Eating a salad almost everyday may be one of the most healthy eating habits you can adopt especially when trying to lose weight as they are low in calories and yet, pack a punch in nutrients. So long as you don't add a bunch of fried ingredients swimming in a fatty dressing, you should be alright.

Salads are also high in Fiber which can help lower cholesterol levels and prevent constipation and eating more fiber helps you feel fuller, eat less and ultimately lose weight.
Green salads give you lots of powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E, folic acid and beta-carotene. These help protect the body from damage caused by harmful molecules (free radicals).
A study actually showed that eating lots of fruits and vegetables lowers the risk of developing Cancers of the Head and Neck- even in those who smoke and drink....yeah!

So, here's an easy salad recipe for the on in the picture above. I made this today for Lunch.
Ingredients- Cooked Ham, lettuce, Cabbage (grated), Cottage cheese, half a cucumber, tomatoes.

Chop all the ingredients. Place in a bowl. Mix together adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of oliveoil, blackpepper and salt as dressing!

Enjoy! Very healthy and scrumptious!

Like my article? Subscribe to my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I used to hate salads alot but now i mix veggies up nd call it salad. lol they all are right? I nominated you for a Liebster.
    www.dreamybeddings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete