Thursday 30 October 2014

The Lazy Diva's Way to Lovely Skin

If you are like me, you may get lazy when it comes to skin care and make up. I find them really tasking and too much drama for me to bear…..Not only is it overwhelming with so many products and product lines available, it can also be time consuming.
Here are a couple of tips that can help Lazy divas.
1.       Stay hydrated
Drinking water is the best thing you can do for your skin. Especially if you live in a very humid country as I do. Sometimes I feel so hot that the thought of placing cream on my skin just feels so not right as the weather aside from making you hot, makes you sweat. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day….or more if you are active.
Better still head to http://www.h4hinitiative.com/tools/hydration-calculator  and calculate just how much water you need for your bodyweight and height.
 
2.       Wash your face twice a day.
This is one of the first of Skin Rules by Dr. Debra Jaliman and she swears by it. You need to wash your face twice a day- morning and night before you go to bed. This will get rid of the debris, make up and pollutants your skin has been exposed to during the day. I always ensure I cleanse my face at night even after a fun night after indulging in alcohol and I’m feeling too exhausted to take makeup off. Wipes are handy at this point and I use simple cleansing wipes which contains no harsh chemicals or irritants.
 
3.       Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Exfoliating your skin regularly can bring new life to your skin and improve the results of your skin care routine and rejuvenate your skin. Aside from helping to clear buildup, acne and breakouts, it improves your skin texture and clarity by removing the tired and dead cells and speeds up the skin renewal process. Your complexion can turn from dull and dry to bright, vibrant and smooth. It can also help by reducing ageing process. I swear by Origins Never a dull moment face scrub.
 
4.       Load up on Fruits and Vegetables
Beauty is skin deep and what you eat can determine how you will look so aim to eat a diet rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Drink nettle tea, green tea, burdock and peppermint teas. If you can get the fresh leaves for your tea, that would be excellent.  Eat foods like strawberries, blueberries, almonds, loads of tomatoes, watercress, fennel, red grapes, beetroot, tofu, brown rice, beans, kale, avoado, garlic, alfafa sprouts, broccoli, eggs, artichokes, cottage cheese, sweet potatoes, mackerel, salmon, oysters and pumpkin seeds. Try incorporating some of these into your diet
 
5.       Protect your Skin from Sunrays
I hate sunlight. Not only does it affect my eyes, it burns my skin so I avoid exposing my skin to it. Aside from the vanity of not wanting to get sunburnt, skin cancer is a common source of cancer in women so it is very wise to use a sunblock when you know you are going to be under the sun for more than 10 minutes. If you hate wearing sunblock, aim to use it on the days you know you will be exposed or use an umbrella, hat, sunglasses and pashmina to protect yourself.
 
6.       Moisturise
I made this last as this is the part I hate…..aim to moisturise your skin each time you wash it. In other words, twice a day. This is because no matter how much water you drink daily, your skin can get parched, so a good penetrating moisturiser will give your skin a more youthful appearance. I tend to prefer an oil free moisturiser as it is lighter. I use Origins zero oil moisturiser

2 comments:

  1. I really struggle with drinking water! The others are easy for me to follow but water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard myself so I drink a 75cl bottle when I wake up, another after my workout, one in the afternoon and another at night. I also try to drink extra as the night ends

      Delete