Thursday 28 August 2014

The Lazy Girl's Guide to skin care


If you are like me, you get lazy once in a while when it comes to skin care and makeup. Not only do I find it all so overwhelming with all the various products available for different skin issues, it can also be time consuming.

Here are a couple of tips that can help you on your quest for clear skin

Stay Hydrated

Drinking Water is the best thing you can do for your skin, especially if you live in a humid climate where its so hard plastering products on your face in the morning cos the weather is hot and cream makes you sweat. You’ll notice that your eyes  look sunken and skin dryer when you are dehydrated. Reason is your body pulls water from your tissues to maintain the water concentration of your blood. So aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day…or more if you live in a hot climate or are very active.

Wash your face twice a day

This is one of the first rules of celebrity Dermatologist, Dr. Debra Jaliman in her book “Skin Rules” and she swears by this. Use a gentle cleanser and wash your face in the morning and at night before you go to sleep as This helps in preventing breakouts. It is also required if you have a night skin regimen. I tend to use the Clarisonic Mia to wash my face with a gentle cleanser specifically made for acne prone skin  and I find it very effective. Always take off your make up at night…no exceptions!

 Exfoliate! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!

Exfoliating your skin regularly can bring new life to your skin and improve the results of your skin care. Aside from helping to clear acne and breakouts, it improves your skin texture by getting rid of the tired and dead skin cells, speeding up the skin renewal process. Your complexion can turn from dull and dry to bright and radiant and smooth and it also helps reduce signs of ageing.

Moisturize

I know I don’t do this and I should practice what I preach but you need to moisturize your skin each morning and at night, if your skin feels extra dry. This is because no matter how much water you drink daily, your skin can get parched . So a good penetrating moisturizer will  give your skin a younger, supple appearance. I tend to use an oil free moisturizer by Origins.

Always Use Sunscreen

This is very important especially in sunny climates. Lack of sunscreen is a no! no! This is despite the fact that I rarely ever expose myself to the sun as I am anti-sun ( I tend to burn easily under the sun and light disturbs my eyes aside from the fact that I get fainting spells when exposed for a while).Also, skin cancer is one of the most common and deadliest of the cancers,  So, aside from vanity sake, avoid the sun and use a sunscreen specially when you expect extended exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment