Wednesday 26 March 2014

Foods for Perfect skin!

If you’re a regular on my blog, you’ll know that despite my being very vain (lol) I also suffer from acne( all of my adult years since I turned 21). Even though I try to follow a products regime for my skin to be clear, what I eat also helps as some foods can aggravate your acne, whilst some enhance your skin. Here's a list of foods that can lead to clear skin -



RED BELL PEPPERS
 
one red bell pepper actually contains more than 100% of our daily vitamin C requirement. It also contains dietary fiber and vitamin B6. Carotenoids in it helps prevents wrinkles and aids blood circulation, ensuring our skin looks like youthful. It’s also about 30 calories which is low.
DARK CHOCOLATE 
 
 I love chocolate but they are fattening so go easy on this! Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids and flavonoids that promote glowing skin. The antioxidants in it reduces roughness of the skin and protects it against sun damages. Cocoa also relaxes arteries thereby increasing blood circulation, which of course leads to healthier skin
 
 
SALMON
 
I love me some sea food! Salmon is an excellent food that produces our daily vitamin D needs. Vitamin D is responsible for keeping our heart, bones, colon and brain healthy. It also prevents colon cancer, anxiety, stress, depression, heart and bone diseases. So how’s it good for the skin? Well, it contains Omega- 3 fatty acids which are excellent for fighting inflammation, wrinkle and acne. It also hydrates your skin. If you however can’t lay your hands on salmon due to cost factor or even scarcity, try good old mackerel!
 
COCONUT OIL
 
Aside from using this on my hair, coconut oil is one of the richest sources of saturated fat. It contains lauric acid which is a powerful antibacterial and antiviral agent protecting us from viruses, infections, inflammation and acne! It’s also rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C and therefore perfect for keeping skin moist, soft and wrinkle free.
GREEN TEA 
 

I know it’s a beverage but it’s a great source of antioxidants and contain L – theanine which helps relax us and lowers stress. When brewed hot, it releases catechins which is a antioxidants which has anti-cancer and anti- inflammatory properties. Drink for 3 cups a day to see results.
 
SPINACH
Yea! Spinach always reminds me of Popeye the sailor, who gulps large cans of spinach for energy...its however one of my nastiest veggies as I do not like the smell or its taste. But for the sake of my skin, I do eat spinach once in a while. Its nutritionally rich and contains iron, folate, chlorophyll, vitamin E, magnesium, vitamin A, fiber, plant protein and vitamin C.
 
PAW PAW(papaya) 
 
 asides from being low in calories( 39 calories per 100g) it has no cholesterol. Aside from weight matters, it’s a beauty food low in fructose and is excellent for digestion. The antioxidant nutrients in it like vitamin C, vita. E, beta carotenes are great at reducing inflammation and acne.
 
 
CARROTS
 
 
Yummy, delicious carrots are great for the eyes. They are also good for the skin. They help clear breakout. Vitamin A in it helps prevents the overproduction of cells in the outer layer of the skin which is where excess sebum combines with dead cells and cloys pores. Vitamin A also reduces the development of skin cancer cells. Whilst eating these foods. Remember to avoid junk foods too much sugar, trans fats and refined carbs for the beast skin possible.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment